The only thing I can say about my November expenses is yikes! Here’s what I bought:
- I spent $43.21 on prints from scrapbookpictures.com. About half of this cost went towards prints that I am sending the family of my daughter.
- Inkadinkadoo Animal Skins Clear Stamps from Amazon for $10.38
- 2012 Memory Logbook and Real Life Scrapbooking Weekly Challenges: Time Capsule for $25.46
- Peacock feathers for $2.99
- 12 Clear Anna Griffin Background Stamps and Acrylic block for $17.66 from Craftysteals.com
- Inkadinkadoo Snake Skins Clear Stamps from EK Success for $13.94
- I spent $91.76 at Joann.com on the We R Memory Keepers Cinch, 12×12 page protectors, a 12×12 album, and Cinch wires.
- I spent $93.09 at Scrapbook.com. I bought stickles, spray mist, Balzer Design templates, stamp ink, paint, 6×12 page protectors, and a stamp.
Thus far, everything I purchased is for specific projects. I am going to be completing Project Life using my own supplies, but needed to make a couple of purchases to have all supplies on hand for the project. I had been planning to buy a Cinch at some point and opted to buy it now because it was on sale and I needed to bind my Memory Log Book. The other items are for a project I am going to be showcasing here on the blog. Let’s just say that project is inspired by fashion and I needed some (ok, a lot) of items to prepare for this project.
And then there was Black Friday. I filled my online shopping cart on Friday but didn’t make a purchase. I filled my cart again on Saturday and did not make a purchase. On Sunday, TwoPeasInABucket.com had 50% off Stampers Anonymous products. I splurged. I bought the items I had been eyeing from the previous two days and a bunch of stamps. I’ve mentioned on here that I’m not a stamper, right? You’d never know from the purchases I made this month. My total at TwoPeasInABucket.com came to $54.19.
I spent $352.68. In November. On scrapbooking.
This brings my monthly average up to $117.03. What this is teaching me is that I think I need to focus on more of a year-long budget rather than a monthly budget. There were a lot of deals I simply passed over on Black Friday/Cyber Monday because I had already spent so much in November. I think I am going to focus next year’s budget so that I can splurge on these sales without any regret next year.
In order to reign in my scrapbook spending, I did not renew my Paperclipping.com or Getitscrapped.com membership. My subscription to Scrapbooks, Etc. is about to run out and I am not renewing it at this time. I do enjoy these products, but will have to hold off on renewing at this time.
- My April Scrapbooking Expenses
- My May and June Scrapbooking Expenses
- My July Scrapbooking Expenses
- My August Scrapbooking Expenses
- My September Scrapbooking Expenses
- My October Scrapbooking Expenses
What has been your biggest recent scrapbook splurge? Comment below or join the conversation on facebook or twitter.
Want a free copy of The Scrapworthy Lives Guide to Minimalist Scrapbooking? Sign up for the newsletter and it is yours!